Monday, February 4, 2013
Getting Closer
37 Weeks oh BOY! Our little man will soon be here before we know it. Of course, being the planner I am, I feel I have lots of things on my "To Do" list before he comes. Curt helped with one of the checklist items and finally hung the new blinds in the nursery. Yay! They look so nice and way better than the old crappy ones that were in the room. Turns out Lowe's ordered part of it wrong so now I have to call and get that fixed. We still have to find a lamp for the room, hang the valance and install car seat bases (which Curt of course says will take no time at all). We'll see how much time will allow us to get these items done! I would like to get our taxes done and Curt has his annual review to work on as well. Let's just hope this baby doesn't plan on coming early as I'm trying to get all the paperwork in line and everything ready!
I do feel somewhat relieved as I went to SF on Saturday to get some last minute items I needed for the baby. They have all shipped and heading to our house! One of these items was the baby book so that is slightly crucial to be here before Baby E arrives as we will need to have the nurses put his hand and feet prints in the book. I went to Hobby Lobby and rounded up some supplies for another project I want to work on that includes his little hands and feet. I just need to work on part of it ahead of time so that I can be ready to do the prints when he makes his grand debut!
Sunday wasn't too exciting. We went to church and then relaxed and watched the Super Bowl. It was a nice day and I was exhausted all weekend long! I didn't sleep good on Friday. My back was killing me. The baby was moving in a weird way that seemed to be putting pressure on my back. So needless to say Saturday I was tired and didn't want to deal with all the stupid people at the stores. I can't remember the last time I had so many idiots to talk to and help me buy the things I needed. I knew it was bad as Mom was even annoyed and I had to calm her down. Hopefully, when my stuff arrives, it is actually the products I ordered and I wont' have to go back to the dreaded Toys R Us store. That place is a nightmare and I think I'm cursed at that store. It seems that something always goes wrong when I purchase something from them. Needless to say, an hour later and 5 items purchased, we left the store VERY unhappy and they gave us a survey to take to enter for a chance to win $500. Well, Mom and I both did the survey as we wanted to complain about our horrible experience only to find out at the end of the survey, that the $500 chance to win is no longer available. Are you kidding me? They entice you with a reward that is no longer available. I'd like to take another survey to complain about their false advertising. Ok, enough enough. I'll get off my soap box for now. Guess it is times like these, you don't want to piss off a prego mama! haha.
This week I have another doctor's appt on Thursday. Last week's update was: 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. The doctor said she could feel the baby's head. EEK! That just freaks me out. We'll see if the baby has made progress this week. We are also taking a baptism class on Thursday night to get that out of the way so we don't have to take it when baby is here. They are offered once a month so I figure one more thing to check off the "to do" list :)
It is getting a little harder to breathe. I should say I'm more easily winded after doing things like walking up the stairs or if I do a daily task I normally do, it makes me tired! The whole "lightening" stage hasn't happened yet to this mama. That can come at any time though so maybe all the sudden I will wake up and my belly will have dropped. I'm not too excited for this to happen anyways as it just puts more pressure on your pelvis and makes you have to pee even more! How can that be when I feel I'm going to the bathroom every hour!
And what's with this nesting thing? All my books say at this phase you are in nesting mode and wanting to clean, organize, etc. Not me! Heck no! I'm too tired by the time I get home and all I want to do is sit in the rocker with my feet up, relax and watch tv. Maybe in my situation it is backwards since I was so full of energy the whole time that now I'm experiencing my tired phase. I have zero motivation and hardly even feel like cooking supper when I go home, let along stopping at Walmart or the grocery store! Ugh, that just sounds like torture!
This weekend is our BIG annual HOME SHOW in Brookings! So Friday we will be busy setting up our booth (I will probably be doing more supervising haha) and then Sat and Sun we will be taking turns in the booth visiting with people. It is a great way to promote ReMax and see past and future clients and remind people what we do! I'm looking forward to the event plus I have a group of great girls to work with!
Hope everyone enjoys their week! Happy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment