Well it's been awhile since I've updated our blog. As most of you moms out there know, once bringing a baby into this world there seems to just not be enough time in the day. I've barely had time to go to the bathroom let along get through all my pictures and update the blog while watching Trystan each day.
It all started on Friday, February 15th. The best day of my life...besides getting married as that was a pretty amazing day too. The doctor ordered an ultrasound on my appointment the day before as I was measuring low. It was my 39 week checkup and I was measuring about 35 weeks. That is pretty common at this point as the baby can drop causing the number to go lower; however, the doctor wanted to take precautions and make sure everything was ok. We went to the ultrasound on Friday morning and the doctor called at 11 saying she called the ER and said I was coming in at 1pm. My fluids were low and so she felt there was no time to waste as there could be potential complications if I waited another week. I think I was pretty much in a daze as I couldn't believe this day finally arrived where we would meet our little boy. We arrived at the hospital at 1 and got checked in. We waited for the doctor to come visit with us and then they started me on the pitocin around 3:30. I wasn't really feeling any contractions. My parents ended up coming to visit and that distracted me for awhile. Around 6, I was able to start feeling the contractions but they weren't that bad. The doctor came in at 7:30 to break my water and for the next hour, my contractions really started full force. This part was pretty much a daze for me as I just laid there and would squeeze Curt's hand when a contraction came on. Around 8:30 I couldn't hold it anymore and was dying for the doctor to get in to the room so I could start pushing. I pushed for 15 minutes and our bundle of joy arrived into the world! Trystan Kale was born at 8:54pm, weighing 7lbs 14oz and 20 inches long. He was the most beautiful baby, even though his face seemed a little smooshed and was purple :)
We left the hospital Sunday afternoon and got settled in at home. Mom came up for a few days which was so nice and a great help!
I hope now I can just keep up on the blog so you can watch Trystan grow!

No comments:
Post a Comment