Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

35 Weeks


This past weekend, I had a baby shower on the Engels side.  It was such a blast!  The cake was delicious :)  My family went above and beyond and made the day SUPER special.  We had all kinds of decorations, games and lots of presents for the new baby Engels!  He is sure going to be spoiled. 

Sunday, Curt and I were up early (well I was up early) to get on the road as I had to get to a Norwex show in SF.  Then we watched the football game later that night and relaxed. 

The weekends seem to just fly by and before I know it, Baby E will be here in 5 weeks (plus or minus).  I'm getting anxious and excited to meet him and see his face for the first time but also getting a little nervous about going into labor. 

The little man is now the size of a coconut this week!  Yes, we are still both busy growing.  Apparently, my uterus has grown 1,000 times its original size!  Yowsers!  His length is about 17.2 to 18.7 inches long by now.  I wonder if our baby will be even longer than that?  I guess from this point on, he won't get much longer but he will continue to put on weight.  Average weight is around 4.2 to 5.8 lbs.  His hearing is fully developed and he responds best to high-pitches noises.  Weird huh?  And yes, he is definitely putting a lot of pressure on my bladder as I have the urge to pee all the time!  Sometimes just when I move from side to side or have to get up from the chair, it is just instant! 

Next appt = Jan 31st

Happenings this weekend= Curt turns 32 on Sunday! 

Baby room to do list = Still need to get Curt to hang the blinds and valance.  That will at least make me feel as the room is somewhat complete even though I have some other things to get hung up on the wall yet. 

I'm looking forward to a fun Girls' Night Out coming up on Thursday!  Can't wait to see some friends and catch up with everyone's busy lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment