LAST WEEK OF THE SECOND TRIMESTER!
Tis' the season to be thankful! Since we just celebrated Thanksgiving, I have so many things to be thankful for including my family, friends, health, wonderful career, plenty of food for my belly, a house and of course, this amazing blessing on the way! I cannot be more grateful in life and having God watch over me and the start of my new family. I'm a little behind in posting so here is an update on our lives.....2 weekends ago, we went to the Marone Farm for our annual deer hunting trip. Unfortunately, I did not get a deer or even got the chance to shoot my new rifle. Such a bummer! Curt got a doe and the some of the other members in our group came away with some nice bucks. I think I over-worked myself on Saturday as my legs were so tired and sore from walking! I took it easy on Sunday and mostly just posted and did very little walking. We had such a wonderful weekend hanging out with people and eating way too much food and of course sharing some great laughs!
My friend Mandy, had her beautiful baby boy, Hayes Dean! I couldn't be more ecstatic for her and the Marone family! He is so precious and I'm looking forward to meeting him!
We left Thursday morning for the farm to celebrate Thanksgiving with Curt's family. It was a fun weekend. Spent a lot of time in the kitchen doing the dishes but got to spend time with the fam :) We went to a movie on Thursday night. The girls went to Breaking Dawn Part II and the boys (and Jenny) hit up the new James Bond movie. Friday, Curt and I went to Marshall for a bit but didn't get too much. I was looking for a new washer but the one I wanted of course, wasn't the one on sale that day! Go figure. Friday night we celebrated Eric's confirmation and had some amazing DQ cake for dessert. Yum! Sunday, we went to church and then left after dinner. The weekend just seemed to fly by way too quickly.
Onto the baby.....
Junior has been busy moving around like crazy. I was starting to wonder if it would change as Wed through Friday I felt really no movement all day. Then Friday night things started to change. He was on the go all night it seemed or at least every time I got up to go to the bathroom. I can totally tell the change as my belly has obviously gotten bigger so now I can feel him so much more when he moves around. Lately, he has just been a little acrobat! But I have to admit, that I love feeling him move around. I guess it just gives me some reassurance and let's me know he is ok.
Sleeping has been ok but I have to switch sides it seems constantly throughout the night. I always tend to be wide awake at 5am and then can't get back to sleep. Guess that is God's way of still preparing me for the baby's arrival.
I've been chugging water like crazy and especially during the night as I feel so dang thirsty when I get up to go to the bathroom.
My back has been starting to get really sore so I've been going to a chiropractor to put everything into place. Since my belly is getting larger it is pulling the lower back muscles. Some days seem to be ok and tolerable and other days I just want to come home and sit on the couch and ice!
No real cravings yet but I have noticed changes in my eating. I no longer can eat large meals as I seem to get so full and tight and just feel awful for the next 5 hours. I have to eat smaller portions and really stop going back for seconds as that is where it is killer! I think I'm hungry but the belly just can't fit any more food in.
Next we will be working on the nursery which I'm getting very anxious for!
I have a doctor's appointment this Thursday and have to do the diabetes test. Not looking forward to it and hoping everything comes back OK.

No comments:
Post a Comment