Our little man is the size of an eggplant this week. He is definitely even feeling bigger than that to me being he is moving so much more now. I think I am starting to be able to tell where his butt is and his feet are. My belly will all the sudden just get really hard and it even looked lopsided one day at work as to how he was sitting in there.
This past week/weekend were so busy! Curt had to leave to go to Rhode Island for work and got home Saturday night. He has been sick so needless to say on Sunday, he was on the couch all day and hardly moved. He missed out on some things last week.
Darcy was my fill-in partner for birthing classes on Wednesday night and I must say, she is an expert at hand massages! It was quite funny as she had just learned about this recently in school so she was one step ahead of the instructor and already knew what she was doing! She will have to teach Curt the secret tricks!
Thursday was my doctor's appointment and I'm happy to say that my blood sugar was normal at 101~ whoop whoop! No gestational diabetes for this girl! I feel so relieved. My hemoglobin was normal as well at 12.3. I also had to get a lovely shot in my hip area as I'm RH negative. It wasn't the most pleasant moment of my life....for those of you that know me, I tend to freak out about needles. Guess I will be put through all kinds of first experiences having this baby! I am now officially on 2 week appointments which is making this whole process come to an end all too quickly.
I also managed to get in 2 Norwex shows last week and had a vendor show on Saturday. Saturday was our Re/Max Christmas party which was such an amazing night! We went out to eat at the Ward steakhouse and I was so uncomfortable after eating all that food. The prime rib was excellent! Then we went to SF and watch Tonic Sol Fa at the Washington Pavilion. What a blast that show was. They are a group of four guys that sing acapella and they were truly amazing to watch. I want to go back again next year if they are in town.
Sunday, I got to visit my old roommate Megan as she was in town. It was so fun to catch up with her and get a chance to visit about our lives. Oh, how I miss my talks with that girl!
Now that December is here, it is time to start working on the baby's room. I'm hoping Curt will feel up to getting the trim done and setting up the crib so I feel we are making some progress. We are supposed to be getting some new furniture next week so that will be yet another project of getting the old stuff out of the house. This month will be over before I know it and I'm starting to feel a bit panicked that we won't have everything done in time. Curt assures me it will be fine so for now I will just have to trust him that it will all get done.....
This Wednesday will be our last birthing class. Seems like that too has flown by and I've learned quite a bit of info. I'm sure Curt learned a thing or two as well even though he'll never admit it ;)
This weekend we are celebrating Wally's 70th birthday! Everyone will be coming home to the farm on Saturday night as we are going out to supper in Marshall. It will be a fun celebration.

No comments:
Post a Comment