Monday, December 17, 2012
30 Weeks
Happy Monday Everyone! Yes, that little boy is starting to really pop out of my belly these days. It seems to just be getting bigger and bigger! I'm now to 30 weeks and the countdown begins for the last 10. I feel I have so much to get done yet before our little man arrives in February! This past weekend was a busy one and very tiring!
I went home on Thursday night to go look at a house with Doug. We put in an offer and are eagerly awaiting the response. It is a great location and he would be close to work and our family's house. Time will only tell what will become....
Friday, I started off baking while Mom worked some in the morning. Darcy helped me out and we made spicy chex mix, oreo balls and peanut butter balls. I cannot believe how much we baked on Saturday! We started out around 8am and didn't quit until 9pm! It was a very long, tiring day of baking. To add to the list we made: peanut clusters, turtle pretzels, caramels, french christmas cookies, regular christmas cookies (sugar cookies), russian tea cakes, and cream wafers. Unfortunately, our cream wafers caused us a bit of a problem as our whipping cream was sour so mom had to run and get some new stuff! And although they are delicious, ours didn't turn out as pretty as Aunt Pat's! It was quite the bake off weekend I must say. I feel I got a lot accomplished on that end of things and should be all set for bringing treats home to the Engels Christmas!
With the long day of baking on Saturday, my plan was to sleep in. I think the baby had different plans in mind. I was up constantly and wide awake at 5:30 so I got up, showered, got ready and then we realized the mall opened at 7am so we headed out early to get some shopping done. We were home a little after 12:30 and I had gotten some gifts taken care of.
Got home in the early afternoon and walked into the house to see our new furniture! We got a new couch and 2 recliners. They look awesome! I'm so excited to have some comfortable chairs to sit in. I unpacked my car load of stuff - well actually Curt did all the unloading and I put the stuff away and then finally sat down to relax for a bit.
This week is going to fly by as I will be busy getting gifts wrapped. Tonight Angie is coming to town and we are meeting at Tiff's house to hang out and catch up for a bit. Tuesday night is our final night of volleyball and we won last week so if we keep winning we stay in the tournament. Wed we are having our work Christmas Gift exchange and I hope I can have my presents ready to go by then! Saturday we will be heading home to celebrate Christmas with my family! I'm so excited but just hoping all my ideas for presents will work out and be done on time! We will also be exchanging our crib and dresser and getting the correct ones on Saturday from Toys R Us. Can't wait :)
Oh and updates on the baby.....he can currently still do somersaults in my belly but only for a little longer. He will then probably pick a spot and stay there until the time will come for his arrival. My tail bone has been bothering me some and I get antsy sitting or standing too long as then it seems to be agitated. Definitely getting up lots to go to the bathroom which is kinda annoying as every time I get up then he starts moving around so I lay there wide awake until I get too tired and eventually fall back to sleep. So far, I'm not too uncomfortable yet. I can tell there is more pressure on my pelvic as if I bend over for too long and stand back up, I instantly have to go to the bathroom again! Oh my, this bathroom stuff is for the birds! Thankfully, no heartburn...yet anyways. Still able to shave my legs but it is getting a little harder. It's the little things that tend to leave me out of breath. I'm not used to that. I carried a few bags to the car from Hy-Vee and felt as if I have ran 3 miles! haha. My back has been a little sore and it just depends on what I do that day as some days are worse than others. I think that about sums it up. I go back to visit the doctor on the 3rd so this stretch will be 3 weeks instead of 2 with the holidays in the middle. Time is just going to fly by from here on out.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment