Yes, 29 weeks. Almost to the big 30! I've been feeling great still but can tell it is getting a little harder to move around. I spoiled myself this week and went and got a pre-natal massage which felt wonderful. Definitely been getting up multiple times in the night to go to the bathroom! The little guy is getting stronger and stronger as he'll wake me up in the middle of the night kicking so hard. It is such a crazy feeling. I have an appointment this Thursday and from here on out, it will be every two weeks! Scary to think that I only have about 10 weeks to go. I still haven't really craved anything. I am an unusual eater as it is so maybe my eating habits are just a little odd to counter the so called "cravings." Belly button is still an "Innie" but I'm sure that will soon change as well. I am feeling quite challenged some days when I try to put socks and shoes on or bend over. I wanted to paint my toenails but I'm thinking that is totally not going to happen! It is hard enough just to cut my toenails not sure how I could sit still trying to paint them. I have been trying to keep reading some books but seems so hard to find the time lately. I'm exhausted by 9 at night but then can't seem to sleep past 5! What the heck! My body is just on overload and for some reason, my brain doesn't want to shut off at night.
We had our last birthing class on Wednesday and I will be taking a breastfeeding class in January. Curt worked super hard to get the trim up on the nursery and finally finished our bedroom trim as well. Yes, there is nothing on our walls yet and this picture just shows the color and trim. Slowly but surely we will get this room done! Curt was going to haul in the dresser and set up the crib and when he un-packaged it, it was the wrong color! I was so distraught over the color that I couldn't even focus that one of the legs was broken on the dresser. Now, I will have to return that this week in SF and pick up the correct color.
Friday night, Heidi (my co-worker) and I had to "Ring The Bell" at Walmart as we volunteered for an hour. I was very surprised at how giving everyone was.
Saturday we had a relaxing day at home and I worked on getting some gifts wrapped and things organized. We left for the farm to celebrate Wally's 70th birthday and all the kids came home and we went out for supper in Marshall. He got a fun John Deere cake, which we devoured after the meal :)
Sunday, was the BIG blizzard! We were snowed in and all of us had to stay overnight at the farm until Monday morning. I couldn't believe the amount of snow we had (somewhere around 18") and toward the middle of the day it was blowing so bad that you couldn't even see to the machine shed!
We came home Monday morning. I got to spend some time snuggling with baby Hayes and Mandy was super sweet and gave me a whole sack full of maternity clothes! Yay for her being the savior. Plus, I got some stuff from both of Curt's sisters this past weekend and my cousin Tiffers which will be a huge help too! So excited to have friends and family who have had kids and can borrow stuff to me! Feeling very blessed!
Tonight is the start of our tournament for volleyball. If we win, we play next week, if we lose, we are done. I hope we can keep up our winning streak!
We are getting our new furniture this Friday which I'm so excited about. The old couch and loveseat are in the garage awaiting pick up from a couple that wants to take it. For the time being, we have no couch so it feels very empty all the sudden.
I'm looking forward to having Friday off and doing some Christmas baking with Mom! We have quite the list to tackle so it will be an interesting 2 days and hopefully we can get everything accomplished. This whole month has just flown by way too quickly! I don't even have my shopping done and here I thought I was ahead of the game this year getting my Xmas cards out so early and starting to plan what I was buying people. Yikes! Only 2 weeks left! I am going to be a busy bee trying to get all the shopping and baking done this weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to do some shopping otherwise, I will be one of those last minute people running to the store 2 days before Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment