Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012


Week 12 Here We Come....
Best Moments: We had a doctor's appointment last week Thursday and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!  Also, Dougie was able to join us for supper every night so that was awesome to spend some time with him. 
Morning Sickness: Still been the same = ZERO SICKNESS!  Hooray!
Sleeping: Before I was so tired and over the weekend, my body must have flipped a switch as I can't seem to get to sleep or stay asleep for the whole night.  I was up late on Friday night and Saturday was up at 6am ready to make the second batch of salsa.  Seems the sleepiness is already wearing off or maybe it is just temporary.
Cravings: No real cravings yet.  I have loved all the sweet corn we have been eating lately as it is just so dang tasty!  We got a bunch of ears from ND thanks to Aunt Kathy and that was some really good corn!  Ice cream has been sounding good but who doesn't love some good FRENCH SILK ice cream!  YUM!  I am missing my coffee every morning.  That is a hard one to quit but I haven't been drinking much caffeine at all.  Every now and then I splurge and have a real cup of coffee instead of some decaf. 
Food Disasters: Happy to report no food disasters.  Wally (Curt's dad) came over for lunch on Saturday and we made hamburgers and I ate it all without any problems.
Exercise: This week's goal is to go walking at least 4 times this week since I haven't been able to do it lately.  I went for a long walk on Sunday which felt great. 
Body:  My belly looks the same as last week.  No changes.  When I wake up every night to go to the bathroom, I can tell I'm more dizzy getting out of bed.  Need to take that a little slower. 
Books: Finished The Hunger Games this weekend and half way through Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult.  Also, pretty much read through the entire book that doctor's gave us and am all caught up on the week by week pregnancy books.  Here I thought I wouldn't have time to get to them and all the sudden I'm zooming through them.  
Projects: Darcy is moving her stuff out this week so my goal is to start cleaning out our closets and getting rid of clothes and storing things away.  Once the closets are cleaned out then we can focus on moving the office to the basement.  I killed off two of my MUM plants again this year.  You'd think I'd learned my lesson from last year but I cut them down too low and now they aren't growing back.  I bought two more yesterday and will need to get those planted this week.  We are also going to re-stain the decks and it is a lot to tackle!  The front deck was easy (I shouldn't say that as Curt is the one that stripped it but it is a lot smaller).  The back deck is a whole other can of worms.  We are still debating on what kind of stain to do and then we will be working on this as well with the other million projects we have to do before baby gets here!  
Future Happenings: I have two friends that are having babies any time now.  Can't wait to meet them and waiting patiently for their arrival.  This weekend we have a wedding on Saturday at Buffalo Ridge Resort in Gary.  Pretty soon it will be our ONE year anniversary coming up.  
Successes:  Made the second batch of salsa and cleaned out my car this weekend which was overdue!  Curt went to a tractor pull on Sunday and pulled twice and got first place both times!  I decided to stay home and not go as it was up in New Ulm and a very long, rainy, cold day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment