Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Baby is moving and dancing...

17 weeks to go...that is if I'm on schedule.  Mom had me early so chances are that I might have our little guy early!  The baby this week is the size of a grapefruit!  Here are the measurements for our baby however, I think our baby is ahead of the average weight. 

It says that the baby is listening to my voice and heartbeat and even loud sounds like horns and barking dogs!  Guess he also heard our guns then too :)  Curt and I sighted in our rifles on Sunday to get ready for the upcoming deer season. 

Best moment of the week: I got to feel the baby kick!  Last Sunday was the first and then he went all week keeping me in suspense!  Thursday night he sparked up and must have been listening to Curt and was kicking all night.  He woke me up from my dreams even and was kicking.  Friday, he was busy dancing and doing somersaults in my tummy!  It is the best feeling ever to finally be able to feel him move inside me.  An undescribable feeling. 
 
Baby Talk: Thank goodness I don't have any swollen feet/ankles etc...yet. However, my gums are definitely swollen and feeling a little sore. My back gets sore depending on what I'm doing and how long I've been standing for but other than that nothing really to complain about.
 
Sleeping: Well sleeping so far has been ok.  It seems that I always have to turn from side to side at least 4 times a night and of course still getting up to go to the bathroom :) 

The weekend went by fast like usual.  Saturday I was busy in town shopping yet again.  I got to pick up the baby's bedding which I'm so excited about!  I also made a big decision and ordered a new couch and 2 recliners.  Curt actually found the recliners and I'm really excited.  I can't wait to hold the baby and rock him in the new chair!  We have some time to get things ready as the furniture won't be here for 5-8 weeks.  By that time, I'm sure the crib will be in and Curt will be busy getting it put together.  In the meantime, I have to decide about painting.  I now think the baby's room can stay the color I originally painted and might just re-paint the living room.  Decisions, decisions.  Just add it to my list of things to decide on. 
 
Saturday night was my 10 year class reunion.  Totally crazy to think I've been out of HS for 10 years!  Man, does that make me feel old.  It was so much fun to see all my old friends and catch up with people that I haven't seen in such a long time.

While I was out shopping, Curt was busy getting our yard ready for winter.  He got all the bushes/plants cut down and mowed the yard for the last time and picked up the leaves.  The yard looked great!  He got the boat winterized and we took that home to the farm on Sunday.  Now I'm lucky to have a garage space back for the winter!  We did a little shooting on Sunday and now our guns should be good to go for deer opener. 

I was fortunate enough to sell another house on Friday too!  I just love my new job and with each sale get more and more excited for the future.  I took an intense course on Friday and am so excited to try and implement some new techniques into my business.

Tonight we are taking pictures at McCrory Gardens and looking forward to the nice weather!  Thankfully there is no snow and we should be able to get some good pics!  This week we are hoping to meet with another daycare provider.  We met with the first one last week and now I'm trying to line up some others so we can get a decision made. 

Tomorrow night is volleyball and so far we are undefeated.  I hope we can keep up with this record :)  I think the baby enjoys the activity.....well I still enjoy it so I'm hoping he feels the same way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment