Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

19 Weeks! Woot Woot
Susan G Komen Race...The bump is out!
This weekend was SO wonderful!  Curt and I got to celebrate with our family on Friday night to have the big CAKE reveal to find out what Baby Engels is....Boy or Girl!  Good news....It's a Boy!  Here is a snapshot of the video....Curt's reaction was priceless!
Everyone loved the cake idea and it was a great way to celebrate now that we will be welcoming in a baby boy come February!  I somehow pulled it off as I was a little stressed about cooking a big meal.  We had some delicious pork loin on the grill with some potatoes, corn, bread and a garden salad.  Couldn't have asked for a better night and it was so special with everyone who came to help us share in this exciting moment!  Thanks for being a part of our lives and supporting us :) 

Me & Curty before we cut the cake!
 
Cake turned out cute, even though they spelled our name wrong!
 

It's BLUE!!!!

Saturday, I had an open house and then headed to SF to do some shopping with mom.  Didn't make it very long as I was really tired and worn out.  Let the shopping begin now that I know my little peanut is a boy!  I for once fell asleep on the couch before mom did!  That was a shocker!  Must have been all that spaghetti I ate.  Mom sure knows the way to my heart and my belly....That sure didn't help out with the tiredness. 

Sunday, we woke up early to head downtown for the big SUSAN G KOMEN race.  We had a great group that got together to support the wonderful cause and of course, I was there to support Tiffany and the memory of her mom, Kathy.  What a beautiful day and I'm sure she was smiling down on us all as we walked for her!  I then got to enjoy lunch with Angie at my most favorite restaurant....Olive Garden!  It was so fun to see her and catch up.  Darcy and I then headed back to Brookings and I enjoyed a peaceful night on the couch.  Curt was gone all weekend helping on the farm. 

Group photo before the race

 Angie, Tiff and I

Mandy, Addie and I

 Me, Kelly, Darcy and Mom

 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the cake video!! Especially seeing your Dad ~ your baby is going to have awesome grandparents!!

    ReplyDelete